VolkerHighways is proud to be supporting The Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation’s (CIHT) Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
Along with its corporate partners, the CIHT aims to strengthen the case for diversity and inclusion within the highways and transportation industry. The Charter provides organisations with the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to this change in culture. VolkerHighways is within the first 30 organisations to sign up and many more are in the process of doing so.
The Charter itself, states:
“The signatories to this Charter believe that a commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential to reflect the communities we serve. It makes business sense because it helps us to attract and retain the best talent, it enables us to understand and meet clients’ needs more effectively and so provide a better quality service.
Accordingly, we will:
• Strive to achieve best practice in our recruitment, retention and career progression practices as employers.
• Support the development of good diversity and inclusion practice by collecting and sharing examples of practical activities that contribute to progress with CIHT and other signatories.
• Assign responsibility for meeting our Charter Commitments to a named, senior level individual.
• Work together to develop and adopt future protocols and practice that support the implementation of the aims of this Charter.
• Recognise, respect, capitalise and celebrate contributions from different people to strengthen team performance.
• Display the CIHT diversity and inclusion logo to publically demonstrate our commitment to this agenda”.
To find out more about the CIHT’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter, click here.